Basin & Range Forestry
Basin and Range Forestry (BRF) provides a wide range of forestry services to private land owners and public agencies throughout the West. BRF seeks to advance forest conservation through science-based, adaptive management of natural & cultural resources. BRF is a catalysts for collaborative leadership, partnership and direct service, offering stakeholder support for landscape-scale forest restoration initiatives.
- Forest & Biological surveys and inventories
- Archaeological surveys and project mitigation reports
- USFS Forest Stand Exam Inventories
- USFS – Healthy Forest Timber Sale Preparation – “Layout – Mark – Cruise”
- Global Positioning System (GPS) field data collection and processing
- Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping and geographic data display services
- Vegetation and geographic database creation and management
- CEQA/NEPA environmental permit writing
- Hand crew support for implementation of fuels reduction, hazard tree removal, and noxious weed treatments.
Basin and Range Forestry offers collaborative leadership for a variety of forest health initiatives. BRF has treated thousands of acres across our service region, offering support for numerous partners and stakeholders, including the US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, the National Park Service, and the US Fish and Wildlife Service. The program also works closely with Conservation Districts, Fire safe Councils, and Land Trusts to design, implement and evaluate forestry projects.