This position is responsible for clerical assistance for the activities of the administrative offices of the Great Basin Institute in Las Vegas.
Pay: $11.00 hourly, full-time (up to 40 hours per week) for the duration of summer months (start upon availability -August 21) then, part-time during school year (up to 20 hours). This position is flexible and may continue on either a part-time or full-time basis depending on funding availability, student’s schedule, and our needs.
- Editing/auditing documents and files for compliance and secured storage;
- Oversee all aspects of publication orders (newsletters, annual reports, recruitment materials) including inventory and maintenance of inventory;
- Filing of materials in general files area;
- Assist staff in creating a system for responding to telephone and written requests for information;
- Assist in developing and instituting methods for quality control and accuracy in membership, partnership, staffing, and other databases;
- Inventory and tracking of site storage;
- May be called upon to assist with special projects and assume responsibility for the development, administration, and promotion of specific projects, as required;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Must have formal training and past experience in office procedures and use of office equipment. Must have excellent attention to detail and be extremely organized. Must have the ability to communicate accurately and clearly both orally and in writing; pleasant telephone manner; able to think on feet when dealing with callers; customer service oriented with a flexible, adaptive approach to work. Knowledge of computers; specifically, experience in Microsoft Office is preferable. Candidate must have superior organizational skills and accuracy. Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team and operate under deadlines. Excellent problem solving and people skills also required. Ability to pass a National Sex Offender Public Registry (NSOPR) name search and an FBI background check necessary.
Relationships: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the clerical needs of program staff and for other duties that the Executive Director may assign during the duration of employment. Because of his/her involvement in matters related to their responsibilities, the Administrative, Assistant would also be required to communicate frequently and attend all programmatic meetings.
How to Apply: Qualified and interested applicants should forward a cover letter (including where you found this position posted), their résumé, and a list of three professional references to Amy Gladding, GBI HR Coordinator, at email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone inquiries, please.
The Great Basin Institute conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.