Description: The Great Basin Institute seeks a Social Media Intern to implement GBI’s Social Media marketing. Administration includes content strategy, develop brand awareness, generate inbound traffic and cultivate recruitment leads. The Social Media Intern is a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for designing and implementing content strategy, creating relevant content, blogging, community participation and leadership. This position is part time.
Reports To: GBI Executive Director and GBI Deputy Director
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Manage Social Media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Curate relevant content to reach GBI’s ideal target audiences;
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written);
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating relationships;
- Conduct online advocacy and open stream for cross-promotions;
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts;
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog);
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns;
- Compile report for management showing results (ROI);
- Become an advocate for GBI in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate;
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy;
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the Social Media campaigns;
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results; and
- Adhere to GBI’s social media and IT usage policies and assist in identifying needed changes/updates to these policies.
Compensation: Rate of Pay: $12 per hour
- Start Date: As Soon As Possible
- Part Time, a maximum of 40 hours per week
- 12-month contract, with potential for extension pending performance review
Location: This position will be based out of GBI’s Northern Nevada office located at 16750 Mt Rose Hwy in Reno, NV.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in Social Media. (Give links to profiles as examples);
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application. Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing;
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound;
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios;
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills;
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format;
- Exceeds at building and maintaining relationships, online and off;
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research;
- Knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social”;
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress; and
- Possesses knowledge of organizational social media and IT usage policies.
How to Apply: Qualified and interested applicants should forward a cover letter, their résumé, and a list of three professional references to Amy Gladding, Human Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries, please.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.