Description: The Intern Program Coordinator will work closely with the Nevada Conservation Corps Program Director and other program staff to develop internship opportunities and manage agency partnerships, as well as recruiting, placing, supporting and tracking AmeriCorps member interns. The Intern Program Coordinator will work to ensure that all program activities, service, and member management are in compliance with GBI, NCC and AmeriCorps standards and policies. They will also support additional NCC operations in the Southern region as needed.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Develop internship opportunities for AmeriCorps member placements;
- Support agency partners in overseeing AmeriCorps member interns;
- Conduct partner site visits to assure understanding of internship agreements and AmeriCorps policy compliance;
- Recruit, hire and place applicants into internship opportunities;
- Conduct orientations for new AmeriCorps members;
- Develop additional training and education opportunities for NCC interns to increase professional development opportunities for participants;
- Follow and enforce policies detailed in the GBI employee handbook;
- Assist with the financial management of the intern program including tracking contract and agreement balances and managing budgeted intern expenses;
- Further support NCC program operations in the Southern Region as needed.
- Assist with the operation of the Las Vegas Field Office as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skill preferences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Natural resources Management, Conservation Leadership, Environmental or other Education, or three years of related work equivalency;
- Three years of work experience in Natural Resources Management, Environmental Education, Conservation Leadership or related area;
- Previous leadership and supervision experience;
- Experience in AmeriCorps or volunteer management and leadership development;
- Familiarity with Nevada environmental community-based agencies, services and resources;
- Strong initiative, and desire to advance NCC intern program;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- A valid driver’s license;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Location: This position will be based out of GBI’s Southern Nevada office in Las Vegas, NV
Compensation and Timeline:
- Position available until filled.
- Rate of Pay: $29,120 annual salary, DOE.
- Eligible for 401K and paid health and dental benefits after 90-day probationary period.
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested applicants should forward a cover letter, their résumé, and a list of three professional references to Amy Gladding, Human Resources Coordinator, at email@example.com. No phone inquiries, please.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
The Great Basin Institute is a 501(c)3 promoting ecological literacy and direct service through environmental restoration, education and research for national, state and regional parks and public lands throughout the American West. For more information, visit www.TheGreatBasinInstitute.org