Great Basin Institute, through its Research Associate program, Nevada Conservation Corps, International Volunteers, and field studies, has employed thousands of capable and enthusiastic individuals. Many of these individuals have gone on to apply this enthusiasm and the skills developed while with GBI to careers and public service beyond the Institute. GBI alumni inspire with their commitment to environmental and cultural values, their technical knowledge and skills, and their adaptability and perseverance. Here we celebrate those alumni who have contributed to the success of GBI and to the preservation of our natural resources.
With the experience and expertise developed while working at GBI, our alumni often continue to play an important part of GBI’s promotion of education and professional development. We invite you to join us in these efforts. Become involved in continuing GBI’s ongoing mission to develop future conservation leaders:
• Recommend GBI to your friends.
• Partner with GBI in bringing new partner into the fold.
• Join with fellow alumni to promote the organization as a resource for those starting out in the field of conservation.
• Provide volunteer career support and serve as a mentor.
• Consider re-upping for another tour with GBI.
GBI Alumni Facebook Group
The GBI Alumni Facebook Group is a great place to connect with fellow GBI alumni. The Group exists as a place to share stories, photos, and personal updates. Additionally, it’s a place to post news items, promote events information, and discuss conservation, public service, and related environmental issues. Join your Facebook group today by clicking HERE.
GBI’s personnel have always been at the heart of our operations, whether working as Research Associates, Nevada Conservation Corps crew members, student volunteers, or administrative staff. A key component of the Institute’s mission is to contribute to the professional development of our employees. Many continue on to careers in land management and other areas of environmental policy. And in addition to the contribution made while working for GBI, many continue to contribute to our successful engagement with cultural and ecological sustainability through generous donations. If you’d like to help us in our mission, please consider a donating today. Donate HERE.
Alumni Profiles and Updates
The Great Basin Institute prides itself not only on undertaken effective conservation projects, but also on providing a foundation on which new and established professionals can continue to build their careers in conservation, land management, public service, and other occupations.
As part of our effort to build a community of alumni and current employees, we’d like to hear from you about your time working for GBI, as well as your ventures beyond the Institute.
• What kind of work did you do for GBI?
• What were the most interesting, exciting, or fulfilling experiences of your tenure with GBI?
• What activities have you been engaged in, professionally or personally, since moving on from GBI?
• How have skills or personal connections developed during your time with GBI served you later professional or personal undertakings?
Contact us with your story.